Freelance Writer (2010-present)
- Contributed features, interviews, and reviews to a wide range of print and online outlets
- Outlets include: Crime Scene, Den of Geek, Digital Spy, Mental Floss, Micro Mart, Real Crime, SciFiNow, SFX, Total Film, and Your Perfect Wedding.
Digital Producer and Community Manager – Celebrity Big Brother (2016-17)
- Worked with a team of writers and editors to create digital content for the official Channel 5 Celebrity Big Brother website, app, and social media platforms
- Established a tone of voice for the show’s social media presence
- Interacted regularly with viewers, encouraging engagement through quizzes, responses, and various other calls-to-action
- Ensured all content published online met editorial guidelines and complied with legal requirements
- Liaised with various production departments, including executive producers, lawyers, and press, to create the best possible digital content to complement the show.
Digital Writer – Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother (2014-16)
- Created articles, interviews, and quizzes for the official Channel 5 Big Brother website
- Produced content for a variety of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat
- Created macro-style graphics and gifs.
Freelance Web Editor – Dennis Publishing (2011-14)
- Wrote and published daily updates for a 3D printing blog
- Maintained the website and social media presence of the London International Technology Show.
Freelance Bookazine Editor – Dennis Publishing (2013-14)
- Flatplanned, commissioned, wrote, and edited content for several one-off bookazines
- Bookazines include: The Ultimate Guide To 3D Printing, The Superfan’s Guide To Harry Styles, The Superfan’s Guide to 5 Seconds Of Summer.
Organiser – Den of Eek! (2012-13)
- Organised and hosted two charity storytelling nights, held in central London
- Collated and edited two short story e-books based on the events: Den of Eek!: Ghost Stories and Den of Eek!: Urban Legends.
Communications Officer – Dacorum Borough Council (2009-10)
- Drafted and implemented a social media strategy for the organisation, launching the council’s Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Produced content for council websites
- Edited the monthly internal council magazine
- Responded to regular enquiries from both local and national press.
Assistant Editor – Wired, Condé Nast Publications (2008-09)
- Edited the entertainment section of the newly launched UK edition of the magazine
- Commissioned freelance writers and sub-edited raw copy
- Managed the section budget
- Worked with designers to approve layouts
- Wrote regular articles for the magazine and its website.
Editor – Den of Geek, Dennis Publishing (2007-2008)
- Created and launched the site, alongside Simon Brew, as part of Dennis Publishing’s Project Badger
- Wrote and uploaded content, including news, reviews, features, and interviews
- Recruited writers, and commissioned, edited, and published articles.
Staff Writer – Micro Mart, Dennis Publishing (2006-2008)
- Wrote weekly news, reviews, and feature-length articles
- Commissioned and edited freelance articles
- Acted as a contact for readers, dealing with complaints as well as suggestions for the magazine.
English Literature & Cultural Criticism BA Hons
Attended Cardiff University (2002-05) and earned a 2:1 degree.
A Levels in English Literature (A), Psychology (A), Biology (C), and General Studies (A)
Attended the Royal Forest of Dean College (2000-02) and earned four A Levels, plus one AS Level.