I’m Sarah Dobbs, and here’s where I’m supposed to tell you what I do.
Well, the answer is… lots of things. Mostly, I’m a freelance writer; I’ve written about film, technology, pop music, TV, books, games, weddings, and plenty of other stuff, too. Horror movies are my real love, but I’ll tackle anything.
I’ve also run a couple of websites, managed some social media accounts, and done some copy-editing. Sometimes I organise events, and sometimes I work in a press office. I love magazines, I love social media, and I love talking to people who are passionate about what they do. That more or less sums it up, I guess.
Here are some specific things I’ve done that you can see online:
- I worked on the Big Brother Digital team for BB15, BB16, CBB14 and CBB15;
- I organised the Den of Eek! storytelling event, and edited the Den of Eek! anthology;
- I interviewed Jeffrey Cranor and Joseph Fink about Welcome to Night Vale for Den of Geek;
- I wrote a list of the 50 most badass female horror leads for Total Film;
- I edited The Ultimate Guide to 3D Printing;
- I wrote The Superfan’s Guide to Harry Styles;
- I reviewed Dracula Untold and Oculus for SFX;
- And I wrote about behaviour-changing apps for Micro Mart.